Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Where art my love?

Such a story is a paramour of my dreams,
and will true love be never mine to hold.
Shall it remain forever a dream
or shall I see it opened before me
like a chest of gold yearned by all
and simply mine.
For I desire my own true love,
not that of others who hath their own wishes
because I, selfish thus
for that which is rightfully mine -
my own deserving true happiness.
I neither wish to take which isn't mine
but to find what was fated to be
meant only for me.
Can I seek to find only my own true love?
Finding not those whose hearts I may break
or to find those who might break mine own.
For there may only be me
and there shalt just be him.
Him whom I desire most of all
above everyone else, him, who is love,
the embodiment of my heart and
the yearning of my soul.
Where art thou?

-
Shakespeare-in-love-inspired . A different style of writing from 18th Century literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment