Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Plea to a foolish heart

Oh foolish heart of mine,
I would like to tear you out of me.
Relieve me of the pain you bring,
and stop, stop falling.
I beg of you,
grant me this one wish
so that I may live,
not for the sake of my love for others
but for my own sake.
Stop this foolish nonsense
of giving yourself completely,
only to be torn into shreds
like blood,
red tears falling from within.
Don't blind yourself with idealistic dreams
that won't ever come true.
Forget promises
that seem to good to be true
and open your eyes to reality.
I beg of you,
grant me this one wish
so that I may live,
without the hurt
without the pain
without the suffering
without a worthless love.
Leave behind
hopeless fantasies
and move on dear heart.
To a future,
empty of the feeling
empty of the emotion
empty of the past
filled with memories of love.
I beg of you,
just stop falling
and filling me with nothing
but unreciprocated fallacies.
That's all I ask, so please.

-
Foolishness, naivete, it keeps us in a cycle of never-ending pain. Sometimes, no matter how much pain we endure, we are constantly in a state of relieving mistakes and bringing back painful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment