Saturday, March 7, 2009

Season of Forgiveness

And when the last snow falls to the ground
with nothing but a distinct sound,
does that mean that snow falls no more
and will our fate be ever more sure.
If the season brings about good cheer,
for me it brings us every near
to a decision that I alone must make
and a new road I alone must take.
And on this road I tread steadily on,
supposedly with my regret long gone
and with our past simply a mere memory,
all your faults but part of a sad romantic story.
Yet human is me,
and woe my humanity
for thinking that it is too hard to forget
not long ago we were like a set.
A pair of two, a pair of doves,
a pair of friends or a pair in love,
a pair of two hurt hearts who needed mending,
or a pair of friends who were just pretending.
Still a set, now no longer does it exist,
and in its wake it has created a rift.
So the season brought it to an end
supposedly it was time to mend,
to forgive and move on as if it were a dream
and I was made to awake it seems.
And so the past has faded into nothing
with our mistakes but a sheer passing
and with the new year just around the corner,
it seems as if I hate you no longer.
Even if forgiveness be part of the season,
it still does not give you a reason,
to forget everything that was or is,
because I for one shall not savor in the bliss
of ignorance.

-
For amid the Christmas season, our conscience takes the better of us and makes us do the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment