Saturday, March 7, 2009

Of pity and presumptions

If you think that a thousand apologies could mend the broken heart, then you are mistaken. If you believe that a hundred gifts could make me forget your errors sir, then I pray sir that the lord bless your corrupted soul. For if you believe that for every mistake done upon me or any other for that matter, that a few words or deeds or material possessions could remedy every little mistake, then I hope that you may do no more harm or commit no more problems. Alas, such is your position that you are, in my good opinion, unable to do such a thing, and that somewhere along the way, you will in your supposedly good judgment again bring harm to an innocent person. I should thus pity you now, and not linger in an inevitable future. Your future thus, has already been determined.

-
Attempts at writing the thoughts of a young girl living in the 19th Century. Inspiration care of Jane Austen's novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment