Friday, June 12, 2009

Rain

Wash the pain away
soak me to the bone
and chill me to death.
All the pain and hardships
just let it flow away from me.
Watch it go down the drain,
or trickle down the skin
sweat away from within me
and disappear before my eyes.
Let it keep on going.
Never-ending,
with the sky covered in grey streaks
amongst dark clouds.
Similar to tears,
with the heavens crying out
and singing sad songs.
The monotonous dripping sound,
of millions of tears falling
to the painful Earth.
Little droplets,
one by one
or by the dozen.
Come down
and wash everything away
till nothing is left.
-
The rain is like a continuous monotonous lullaby that can lull one to sleep, as if to a dream world where one can experience no pain or suffering. The rain always seems like a sad ending, but also a new beginning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment