Thursday, May 14, 2009

I

I've given up on a hopeless fallacy
that seems to circle about
as if the world was never-ending
and as if love had no doubt.
I've lost myself to desire and dreams
that have captured my heart and soul,
that which has enraptured me
and has me under its control.
I've said good-bye to a love lost
which answers not questions asked
and in it carrying endless words
shows the heart's love cannot last.
I've waved farewell to unrequited love,
and thus search for a future abound,
asking not much but to be loved
no need for flattery or promises profound.

-
Everyone wants their fairytale prince, or their fairytale princess. But deep down, isn't what we're all searching for but a simple love? That of someone who loves us simply, without prejudice or pretentious promises, is that not something that all of us can have?

No comments:

Post a Comment