Thursday, April 30, 2009

River Styxta

Inside the depths of my very soul,
there lay tears as deep as the river Styx
that leads into my heart, black and painful as Hell.
I've cried too long for you
and there in the river, swim all my dreams and goals
moving farther from me as painful memories
that I push into the bottom of my broken heart.
There is no return for all those that have floated past
and it sucks more into it like an endless black hole,
from which I've lost myself.
Only a Hades, a reflection of a pitiful me,
guards over the darker side of me,
eating me up more and more each day.
And it seems more like I'm a frustrated Persephone
who seems to sink into darkness more
than she basks in the sunlight.
Just like my soul has been sucked into hell
swimming endlessly for eternity,
the tears that have come from my heart
seem unending in this pitiful fate.

-
Tis the river of sadness and pain, and regret which flows inside of me. That which flows in and out of my heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment